Yesterday I drove down to Portsmouth to attend a Team Meeting and meet up with my Stampin' Sisters. I can't believe how quickly time flies by - it seems like only yesterday when we were ringing in the new year and here we are nearly at the end of January!
One of the traditions, or practices, if you like, is that whenever we get together, we make swaps - it's not compulsory, but nice if you can make the time. Why? I hear you ask - it's an exchanging of ideas between fellow demonstrators. Contrary to popular belief, we don't own the whole catalogue, however tempting that may be, so someone else might have a stamp set you don't have, and if you have the sample they've made, you have something to physically share with your own customers or team. Usually they will be card fronts or a 3D project using current product lines, strictly Stampin' Up! of course!
New in our Spring/Summer catalogue, we have these tall narrow cards measuring 4.5" x 2.5" when closed - so I thought it would make a nice change if I actually made cards this time, instead of card fronts. I didn't have any of these narrow note cards and envelops in hand (not in the quantity required), so I cut my own card stock to make these.
I chose to work with the Fruit Basket Bundle and Tutti Frutti 6"x 6" DSP stack. What I loved about the size of the cards was that it was quite economical. Out of a 6"x 6" DSP sheet, I could cut 4 x 2" x 4" pieces with just a 2" x 2" piece left over. In metric that's 15.2 x 15.2 cm DSP sheet yielding four 5 cm x 10.2 cm pieces with just 5 cm x 5 cm piece left over from each sheet.
So as not to waste the square pieces, I simply butted up the 2 left over pieces to make up another 2" x 4" piece and joined the two with a piece of washi tape! See if you can spot which one it is in the picture below.
The images from the Fruit Basket stamp set are tiny - perfectly proportioned for these cards and I love those little punches which coordinate with the stamp set.
Here's the list of supplies I used. I used 2 sheets of 3 designs - 6 sheets of 6"x 6" DSP and made 27 little cards!